Hi, my name is Martha!
I’m a Londoner who has always been passionate about travelling the world and I’m finally realising a long-held dream to write about my travels.
Why I started this blog
Over the last twenty years working in big organisations, I managed to travel a lot during leave or in between jobs, and I did the odd bit of travel writing here and there – but I didn’t have the time nor energy to focus on it whilst also working long hours and climbing the corporate ladder.
Then Covid came along, my company was affected, and I was made redundant. Since then, I’ve been working freelance – and with the flexibility of being self-employed, I realised I had a great opportunity to focus on two passions: travelling more and travel writing.
How I travel
I would describe myself as an experience-seeker and a discovery addict. I am drawn to both big vibrant cities and vast, dramatic landscapes, quite possibly because I’m an introvert. Check out my first post to learn more about me and why I travel.
I travel either with my husband or solo. I’ve travelled on six continents and in all kinds of ways: backpacking, road trips, city breaks, adventures and luxury travel. I’ve landed on a way of travelling that cuts costs on some things in order to indulge in others. I call it ‘smart indulgence’.
I hope the different experiences I’ve had and my travel tips will inspire and empower you to travel more – and to discover the most beautiful places in the world. And that’s why I say this blog May Cause Wanderlust!
Where I’ve been
- Africa: Mauritius, Morocco, Namibia & South Africa
- Asia: Hong Kong, Israel, Maldives & Sri Lanka
- Europe: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden & Switzerland (plus the UK, which is home, so doesn’t really count!)
- North America: Cuba & USA
- Oceania: New Zealand
- South America: Bolivia & Peru
My blogging principles
There are three things I try to focus on in my travel writing:
- Inspiration – I want to inspire people, so I write predominantly about the best experiences I’ve had when travelling; the places that moved and enriched me.
- Experiences – My articles include useful information, but I also like to share the feelings and sensations I had in a place, and what it meant to me.
- Authenticity – I will only write about places I have been to. No ghost writers, nor AI-written blog posts. I didn’t realise until recently that this might set me apart from some travel blogs! If I use guest writers, I will give credit to them, so you know who they are.
I’m an amateur travel photographer and all images in this blog are mine unless otherwise stated. For more photos, check out my Instagram.
Want to get in touch? Contact Me
Check out my latest articles
Oslo On Foot: A Self-Guided Walking Tour Of Oslo For 2023
Oslo is a great city to explore on foot, but you don’t have to pay for a guide – follow my self-guided walking tour instead!
The Best Covered Passages In Paris: A Guide For 2023
Discover the best covered passages in Paris: charming pockets of 19th-century-style Paris with glass ceilings and quaint, independent shops and cafes.
Iceland In Summer: Why It’s Amazing, What To Expect & Things To Do (2023)
Iceland is glorious in summer! The snow recedes and the landscape reveals its colours: vibrant greens, deep blacks, bright blues and even brooding reds
Best Places To See Cherry Blossoms In Paris In 2024
In Spring, Paris comes to life with gorgeous blooms and pink blossoms – so find out the best places to see cherry blossoms in Paris.
One Day In Tirana: What Do To In Tirana, Albania In 2023
Tirana is a vibrant city with a unique history and a warm, welcoming culture – any Albania trip should include at least one day in Tirana.
Solo Travel Paris: Ideas, Itinerary & Tips For Visiting Paris Alone In 2023
Check out my Solo Travel Paris guide for info, ideas, tips and a suggested itinerary for exploring the City of Light alone.